Everybody loves Tony Roma’s amazing BBQ baby back ribs and chicken. It’s a nostalgic flavor that has been with us since the late 1970’s with over 100 locations spanning 5 continents. But no matter how much we love that unforgettable flavor, it’s just not possible to get it easily these days with a global pandemic ravaging the world. We tasked our creative marketing team to scour the Internet to find the tastiest Tony-Roma’s Inspired BBQ recipes for Baby Back Ribs and Chicken so that we can share with our loyal fans. For those of you that love the Tony Roma’s BBQ taste, but don’t have the time to cook, we also carry the exclusive line of Tony Roma’s BBQ Jerky snacks that can be enjoyed right out of the bag or with a few quick spins in the microwave, enjoyed warm, just like a hot plate of ribs at your favorite Tony Roma’s restaurant.
Without further ado, here are our team’s top picks for ribs and chicken:
Tony Roma's Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- Tony Roma's Original Barbecue Sauce
- 4 pound baby back pork ribs
- Cut the full racks of ribs in half (about 4 to 6 rib bones per rack).
- Remove the silver skin.
- Sprinkle the ribs with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Tear off 4 pieces of aluminum foil that are roughly 6 inches longer than the ribs.
- Coat the ribs, front and back, with barbecue sauce. Place a rack of ribs, one at a time, onto a piece of foil lengthwise and wrap it tightly. Place the foil-wrapped ribs in the fridge to marinate for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, place the foil-wrapped ribs onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and pop them into the oven with the seam of the foil wrap facing up. Cook for two to two and half hours, or until you see the meat of the ribs shrinking back from the cut ends of the bones by about 1/2 inch. This long cooking time will braise the meat so it's fall-off-the-bone tender.
- Toward the end of the cooking time, preheat your grill to high.
- Remove the ribs from the foil and cover them with additional barbecue sauce.
- Grill the ribs on the hot grill for 2 to 4 minutes per side, or just until you see several spots of charred blackened sauce. Watch for flames and do not burn.
- When the ribs are complete, use a sharp knife to slice the meat between each bone about halfway down. This will make it easier to tear the ribs apart when they are served.
- Serve the ribs piping hot with additional sauce on the side.
Original recipe: Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes
Tony Roma's Inspired BBQ Chicken
Tony Roma's BBQ sauce
8 pieces chicken of your choice - skin and bone on (preferably)
Salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients into a saucepan and whisk until combined.
- Bring to a broiler, then simmer on low for 45 minutes.
- Set the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken for 35-40 minutes.
- Coat with BBQ sauce, then put under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Put the pan on the top rack under the broiler.
- With the oven door open watch the sauce as it begins to bubble and caramelize.
- When it is browned to your liking, take out.
- Alternatively, you can cook the chicken in a slow cooker on low for 7 hours, skin side up with only salt and pepper added.
- Remove chicken gently from the slow cooker and follow the rest of the directions.
- Serve with onion loaf, coleslaw, and lots of extra BBQ sauce!
Original recipe: Dinner then Dessert
Tony Roma's At-Home Snacks
To satisfy your craving for Tony Roma’s BBQ Baby Back Ribs and chicken, you can order Tony Roma’s jerky snacks at our online store! The jerky snacks encompass Tony Roma’s rich flavoring, allowing you to enjoy the jerky snacks as if you’re eating Tony Roma’s restaurant food! More, the jerky snacks are microwavable; you can microwave the jerky snacks for a few seconds and turn the meat snacks into hot food! Also, Tony Roma’s jerky snacks are individually wrapped, unlike traditional jerky snacks which come in one, large bag with multiple pieces. This allows you to microwave only the jerky snacks that you want to eat and microwave the other jerky snacks next time you need a quick snack.
Tony Roma’s Original BBQ Pork Bites combines the legendary world-renowned barbecue sauce with flame-grilled bbq pork to create this one-of-a-kind saucy on-the-go snack. It's also an excellence of protein!
This jerky snack is made from selected pork that's made in USA. The pork is gluten free and contains no added hormones!
Tony Roma’s Carolina Honeys BBQ Pork Bites uses real ingredients and is high in protein. The pork used for the jerky snack is made in the USA and responsibly sourced. In addition, the pork comes from selected, high quality meat that's antibiotic-free.
Tony Roma’s Buffalo BBQ Chicken Bites combines a tangy blend of cayenne pepper, vinegar, garlic and butter with flame-grilled BBQ chicken to create this one-of-a-kind saucy meat snack.
Tony Roma’s Buffalo BBQ Chicken Bites uses high quality, selected chicken meat that doesn't contain any added hormones. The chicken is gluten free and antibiotic free.
Tony Roma’s Golden Serrano BBQ Turkey Bites combines a tangy blend of mustard, natural hickory smoke, serrano peppers and crushed pepper with flame-grilled bbq turkey to create this one-of-a-kind saucy meat snack.
This turkey snack uses real ingredients made from exceptional quality turkey meat. The turkey meat is antibiotic-free.
This amazing and popular BBQ pork, chicken and turkey snack package gives you the best bang for your buck because the package combines Tony Roma’s delicious jerky packs into one marvellous at-home snack package that you can’t resist!
- Tony Roma’s Original BBQ Pork Bites is smothered with legendary barbecue sauce on top of Flame-Grilled pork to produce this unrivalled saucy Pork jerky meat snack!
- Tony Roma’s Golden Serrano BBQ Turkey Bites blends flame-grilled BBQ turkey with a tangy flavor of mustard, natural hickory smoke, serrano peppers and crushed pepper! You're missing out if you don't try this!
- Tony Roma’s Buffalo BBQ Chicken Bites combines flame-grilled BBQ chicken with a robust blend of cayenne pepper, vinegar, garlic and butter to create this mouth-watering, flavorsome jerky snack.
- Tony Roma’s Carolina Honeys BBQ Pork Bites mixes flame-grilled BBQ pork with a succulent blend of real honey and molasses to produce this heavenly, delectable saucy meat snack.
Tony Roma’s jerky snacks are perfect for everyone who’s craving for Tony Roma’s scrumptious flavors. By ordering Tony Roma’s jerky snacks online and microwaving them at home, you can enjoy Tony Roma’s meat snacks at the comfort of your own home! What are you waiting for? Shop at our online Tony Roma’s BBQ jerky store and have Tony Roma’s BBQ jerky snacks delivered right to your home!